4-H Summer Film Festival
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Welcome to our Summer Film Festival! This year, we are excited to offer youth the opportunity to create, develop, film, edit, and premiere their own videos to exhibit at the end of the summer! If you would like to sign-up, please make sure you read all of the information below:
How It All Works
- Youth who are participating must enroll in 4-H Online and register for this program by Friday, May 26, 2023.
- Registration is FREE!
- Youth ages 8 -18 as of January 1, 2023.
- Youth must attend an online orientation session on Thursday, June 1, 2023 to go over the specifics and be able to ask any questions.
- Youth will choose one of the broad topics below and narrow down that topic to a specific subject of the film that is 1-5 minutes in length.
- The specific subject must be pre-approved by the 4-H Agent by Monday, June 12, 2023. If the 4-H Agent determines that the subject is not suitable they may request that the youth choose another subject for their film.
- Youth are then responsible for creating their film – including any writing, filming, editing, etc.
- Youth must have their completed film turned in by Friday, July 28, 2023 to the 4-H Agent at which point they will send it to a panel of judges.
- Youth will meet on Saturday Evening, August 5, 2023 for a screening of the films, and an awards ceremony.
Rules And Regulations
- Youth must determine whether or not they are going to have a team (max of 3 people) or operate as an individual.
- ALL youth participating – whether team members or individuals – must enroll in 4-H Online to be eligible.
- Youth are required to attend the online orientation session.
- Youth must be no younger than 8 years old and no older than 18 years old as of January 1, 2023 to submit a film.
- Youth must turn in a film that is 4-H appropriate, a determination made by either the judges and/or the 4-H Agent, with the 4-H Agent having the final decision even if the subject was pre-approved, the agent has the final say on whether or not the film is allowed to be judged and/or shown depending on content.
- Youth are encouraged to communicate with the 4-H Agent during the filming process if they are concerned about their subject.
- Youth should consider that members of the community will be viewing their film outside of the traditional 4-H members, volunteers, and parents and must recognize that they represent 4-H with their films.
- The purpose of the festival is to have films that are educational, encouraging, uplifting, and/or inspiring. Ridiculing, making fun of, or tearing down of any person or entity is not permitted. This is not the place for political party promotion.
- Films must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 5 minutes in length including credits. Any film that is under one minute or over 5 minutes – up to 6 minutes in length – will be penalized. Any films over 6 minutes in length will not be considered for awards and will not be shown.
- Youth may create their film on their own or with a team. Teams may consist of groups of 3 or less. All films will be judged equally and the number of contributors is not a factor in the final product.
- People in the film do not count towards the team number.
- Team members are those who contribute to the film’s behind-the-scenes work – writing, filming, editing, directing, etc.
- Youth must have signed release forms for anyone in the film that is not a part of their team.
- Youth must follow copyright laws on any sound effects, music, images, etc., that they use in the film (this will be covered in the orientation).
- Youth must include credits in the film and they must be clear (not hidden), but they do not have to be at the end of the film.
- Youth must comply with the 4-H Code of Conduct while working on their project at ALL TIMES.
- Equipment used for the film is up to the individual team members. Films must be the original composition of the youth and/or their team. If a youth or team wishes to film, but does not have access to equipment, they need to contact the 4-H Agent. Borrowing equipment is perfectly acceptable for this program.
- Cell phone cameras, digital cameras, standard film cameras, mobile, and/or web cameras are all acceptable
- Youth may use additional microphones to capture sound beyond the standard device microphones
- Youth may use any editing or software they have access to and/or are familiar with
- Gaming instructional videos or other videos that are screen shots or screen shared are not allowed. The goal of this is for youth to gain camera knowledge and skills and utilize them to produce films.
- The categories youth may choose from are the 4 “H”s, Head, Heart, Hands, and Health:
- Head – I’m going to do an educational film (nature, science, history, etc.,)
- Heart – I’m going to do a film with an inspiring story
- Hands – I’m going to film a how-to video
- Health – I’m going to film a video focusing on healthy living
If you have any questions about the program prior to signing up, please contact the Craven County 4-H Agent via email at email@example.com or call 252-633-1477 or text 252-578-4704 (if you choose to text, please identify yourself in the text as being interested in the 4-H Film program – with the number of texting scams, it will be deleted otherwise).
To register for this event, please follow the link below to enroll in 4-H Online. Once confirmed, you will be able to register for the 4-H Film Festival in the “Events” tab. If you are already in the 4-H Online system, you may login and go the “Events” tab and register your youth there.