FCS Program Changes and Resources During COVID-19
The N.C. Cooperative Extension of Craven County office is currently closed to the public and will remain closed until further notice. If you need to contact our Family and Consumer Science Agent, please email Stephanie_Stevenson@ncsu.edu. Please understand that we are working remotely and our response may be delayed.
COVID-19 Resources – Please go to NC State Extension link to see the following resources that provide best practices for preparing for COVID-19 and managing risk for individuals at home and for food environments such as restaurants, grocery stores, and farms.
Healthy Eating and Recipe Online Sources:
- Med instead of Meds – Use this website to learn about the Mediterranean Diet! This website includes webinars, recipes, and tools to show how eating the Med way can protect against chronic illness!
- Chose MyPlate – This website offers a huge amount of resources on healthy eating! The website also includes recipes and cooking videos through Myplate Kitchen.
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less – Here is a source of great and healthy recipes from ESMM, Weigh Less program! On this website you will also find out information about the program.
- Eat Smart, Move More, Prevent Diabetes – Eat Smart, Move More, Prevent Diabetes is a CDC-recognized diabetes prevention program based upon proven strategies to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Color Me Healthy – Here is a great recipe source to use to cook with your children! These recipes are made with keeping children in mind.
- Dine with your Dog – Recipes in this book can be enjoyed by both you and your dog and are simple and inexpensive at only $1 to $2 per serving.
Physical Exercise Online Sources:
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less – Here are some videos on resistance exercises!
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less – Here are some walking, jogging, and strength training programs.
- Move More, Walk Now – This website offers tips, tool, and guides for walking. *At this time, some walking trails may be closed due to COVID-19*
- Color Me Healthy – Here are some ideas for physical exercise you can do with your youth. For more youth resources (physical exercise and educational) check out our Digital Resources for Learning Page!
Mental Health Resources:
- Headspace – This is an online tool and app to use for guided meditation, sleep, and movement exercises.
- Calm – A free online tool to use for meditation, sleep, and mindfulness.
- Mindful – an online resource for mindfulness.
- Stop, Breathe & Think – An app used for meditation.
- Day One – An app used for journaling.