Craven County Food Resources
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
During this time, some people may need to utilize different food resources that they have never used before. Below is a list of food resources in Craven County and online resources!
If there are any other resources that can be listed on this webpage, please email Stephanie Stevenson at Stephanie_Stevenson@ncsu.edu
- Families who need help finding meals for their children ages 18 and younger can text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate nearby free meal sites. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877.
- Parents needing diapers for their children visit NC Diaper Bank.
- Child Care for Essential Personnel.
- Corona Community is coming together to meet food needs as quickly as
possible. While there are no partners aligned in our area yet, they are asking for people to put in requests while they continue to seek partners in our area.
- Craven County Schools is offering Free Meals on Big School Wheels. They will be delivering food at designated stops throughout Craven County for children. This is open to all children 18 yrs and younger. Please see their website for delivery schedule and updates: Craven k12 or follow them on Facebook.
- Salvation Army: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10-11:45 a.m. @ 1402 Rhem Ave New Bern, NC. Will need ID and a bag for food.
- Craven County Senior Services: Home Delivered Meals Program and Congregate Nutrition Program are still operational for people 60 years and older. Call 252-638-1790. No walk-ins.
- Boys and Girls Club (Havelock and New Bern): Providing “Grab & Go” meals for children 18 and younger.
- Craven County Department of Social Services – (252)-636-4900. See the following for details: Food Nutrition Services Food Stamps
- Craven County WIC Office – (252) 636-4920. WIC remains open to serve eligible family members. There have been some modifications in how services are provided in response to COVID-19. If you or a family member are currently certified to receive WIC food benefits the benefits will be added to your eWIC account on your family issue date without any further action. This will limit personal interactions at the local WIC clinic. If you need breastfeeding support, any food package change, or need to update certification please follow the instructions from your local WIC agency. Keep your current eWIC
card. Your current eWIC card will be used for future months WIC food benefits. If you have questions, call Craven County WIC Office for specific guidance on how services are being provided. New applicants may self-refer by using the online referral form to initiate the certification process.
- The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina – Find food pantries and other food resources in your area.
- Feeding America – Find your local food bank.
- Food for Kids – Helps youth find food while school is out.
- Food Finder – Helps families in need find food resources.
If you are not in need of food resources, think about donating to one!