Bear Island Camping Trip!
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FUN CAMPING?
We are excited to be offering a three-day, two-night camping trip for our youth ages 11-14! This great camping experience at Bear Island will include great how-to experiences in overnight camping, packing, exploration, wildlife, and habitats along with some fun fishing and stargazing!
- Must be at least 11 years old as of January 1, 2018
- If older than 14 as of January 1, 2018, must apply to be a teen leader
- Must be able to walk at least 1 mile at a time
- Must be able to carry their own packed bag
- Must be able to be away from home comfortably
- Must be willing to participate in all activities
- Must be willing to assist with cleanup and other duties at the campsite
- Must not be taking any medication that is affected by being out in sunlight for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to accept all instructions and authority from the 4-H Staff
- Must attend pre-camping program
MARCH 28, 2018 6:30 PM
Pre-Camping Program – Attendance Required
Craven County, 300 Industrial Drive, New Bern, NC
- Learn packing and safety skills
- Handouts for packing
- Trip Expectations
APRIL 2-4, 2018
Bear Island Trip
- Transportation will be provided
- Departure and Return times will be announced soon
- Youth will bring their lunches April 2nd, all other meals included in cost (regardless of the cost option you choose)
COST OF TRIP IF YOU NEED EQUIPMENT – $50
If you need any equipment such as a tent, sleeping bag, etc, we can rent them. Please note that if youth require a tent, they may have to share with appropriate gender/age.
COST OF TRIP IF YOU DON’T NEED EQUIPMENT – $35
If youth have their own equipment, they are welcome to bring and use it, provided it is adequate.